Advertisements
Advertisements
I have an open adoption, and that means my family has an open adoption too. A little while ago, there was a minor issue that got blown way, way out of proportion between a family member and the adoptive parents. The Adoptive father is very protective of me and wanted to make sure I was okay with everything going on in their relationship with this family member. Since then, this person has not been a fan of him, and I feel caught in the middle. I want to maintain my relationship with this family member, but I won't tolerate anything bad being said about the adoptive dad because he was trying to protect me and I appreciate so much what he did. How can I ask this person to just leave it alone? I've tried and no wording has been successful
True families will move past disputes.
Always be on the side of right and good. If the adoptive father was defending you and it was in good conscience, then he deserves your support in this situation. I wouldn't worry about that family member. They will very likely come to the right mindset in time.
Advertisements