Advertisements
Advertisements
How did you introduce your child to their newly adopted sibling? How did it go? Was it hard for them to understand what was happening at first?
Advertisements
Yeah, it's little bit confusing for the first time. But after that it's okey and everyone accept this matter.
Yeah, it's little bit confusing for the first time. But after that it's okey and everyone accept this matter.
Would think some of that would depend on the age of the children involved. Some too young to understand may be confused a little, but if they have friends they are used to playing with, it is not that different to them and if children are old enough to understand foster care and adoption then it is really a matter of getting to know a new sibling just as one would get to know any friend, the only difference is they don’t have to go home and your Mommy is now their Mommy too, so sharing is important concept in dealing with that. I grew up having aunts and uncles all different ages and some did not stay long at Grammy’s and some did. I was more confused when fosters who were grown decided to move out and start their own families and I hardly ever saw them if they moved too far away.
How did you introduce your child to their newly adopted sibling? How did it go? Was it hard for them to understand what was happening at first?
It will depend on how the child is brought up and his age when you adopt. Perhaps, you will need an intro for it. I'm sure that he or she will understand the situation.
I have never adopted a child or put up any of my children for adoption but Introducing my younger daughter to my elder one was a bit confusing for her. She used to get so jealous of my younger daughter It took a while but she understood and accepted her as a part of our family.
Advertisements