Advertisements
Advertisements
I am very different (physically) from my adopted family. Even though I had an open adoption and don't recall it being this big "Ah ha!" moment -- I do remember being frustrated about how different I looked and how I stood out from my adoptive family -- so much so that it was apparent to just about everyone that I was not blood related. I think what frustrated me was that it was never 'my' story -- everyone knew -- an important and personal part of who I was was on display any time I was around my family and I remember it making me very uncomfortable having my family come to my 1st grade open house.
So that was when I first recall it 'being something' in my life. And, to be honest, it wasn't even *my* issue -- like fertility issues, people felt free to point out my difference and make light of it -- like nothing was private.
Advertisements
i thought about it early make 4 or 5 and its constantly been with me . my adoptive parents didn't hide it from me and were wonderful , but it left me with a f used head . i still deal with major abandonment and rejection issues , i had bouts of uncontrollable rage and life of self medication, tried suicide once thought it would have been easier to be aborted more then a few times. i look back now and after hearing other adoptees say the felling and thought i had /have was refreshing it wasn't just in my head. my adoptee parents p[assed and saved all the records from my adoption including the order changing my name and identity the recipe when i was sold . only after i took a dan test did i finally find my mom and tracked down my fathers location . visiting my mom and my aunts {for the first time in a week } and today i just got the court order to my petition for my identity returned. they said no i don't have a right . This all but pushed me to just say f it all . but i won't give up they will return what they stole . .
At what point do you remember understanding what being adopted meant? If you had a closed adoption, did you have a desire to meet your birth parents? When did that start?
well not having birthfamily is a hard life and I am not allowed to have birthfamily or housing and I am adopted and I am 50 years old
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
I am adopted and I feel sad because I am not allowed to have birthfamily or housing, its awful and the non adoptees are such mean jugemental jerks to me
well when your adopted your not allowed to have birthfamily so I don't get why you ask adoptees like me when do I get to meet my birthfamily how about never your hurting my feelings its kinda rude do you not realize adopted people like me are not allowed to have birthfamily if I was allowed to have birthfmaily I wouldn't be adopted