Advertisements
Advertisements
My 8 year old son gets angry very easily. He goes from ok to screaming in no time at all. Something that would simply annoy someone else makes him very mad. My son has ADHD, hyperactive impulsive type. This goes way beyond him just having a bad attitude. It sort of seems impulsive to me. Does anyone know if these issues are related?
Advertisements
From my understanding, interested send tantrums like that are symptomatic of ADHD in some children. It may be something else, but he's too young to come to any conclusions about another diagnosis.
Oh, I should have specified. He is mine biologically and has not experienced any kind of trauma. The situation is difficult. He has a very IQ, and he thinks he knows everything. All you have to do is disagree with him and he starts yelling. I think we may look into some behavioral therapy if he doesn't ease up with it soon.
Advertisements
Trying to make him live in an environment that everyone not easy to get angry. My 8-year-old daughter used to be very angry before, We all changed our temper from ourselves, and she gradually became better.