Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Yve, your post broke my heart. I can certainly relate to your story, as I suffered infertility and miscarriages before being able to finally get pregnant and carry to full term.
In contrast to your story, however, I wasn't brought up to believe that we suffer losses due to being bad or unworthy. I knew that I wanted to be a mother. I didn't care how I did it, but I was born to be someone's mother. I spent a lot of time grieving my infertility and the loss of my babies. I was fortunate to be able to give birth to a healthy baby and honestly, that helped a lot with the grieving.
I would agree though, that we each take our own journey, and we each grieve in our own ways. My grief caused me to become more determined to have children. And so I did. I gave birth to 3 of my own healthy, happy babies. And now I'm a foster parent. I've adopted and continue to take children into my home, for a week, for a month, forever. Whatever those children need, I am thrilled to mother them.
And Yve, no one is perfect. Children aren't looking for perfect. They just want someone to love them. Someone to be there when they get home from school, to listen to them talk about their day. Someone to kiss their boo boos, and tuck them in at night. And ironically, many of them don't think they're worthy of HAVING a mother and being loved.