Advertisements
Advertisements
What adoption language do you hate the most? Is there a phrase that just gets under your skin every time you hear it?
Advertisements
There are a lot of things that tick me off, but the absolute worst is when anyone says packing a child for adoption is "getting rid of it". I will freak out. Every. Time.
Oh, they do. I also hate it when people refer to my birth daughter as illegitimate, a mistake, etc. That's all kinds of not okay.
It also irritates me when people call me a surrogate (nothing wrong with surrogacy, just NOT who I am), a walking incubator, etc.
The things people say online, I tell ya.
Advertisements
It's amazing what people say when they're idiots. The phrase is "one mom" which is usually around Mother's Day.. Um, hello!! My kids have 2 moms. and the words "real" and "own". All parents are real. All kids are my own. I had to tell this to my sister. They are my own just not biologically. Society can be maddening.
It's amazing what people will say when they can't be held accountable.
I had never thought about that before...people referring to "your own" kids as opposed to the adopted ones. I always hated my birth parents being called my "real" ones. Like I had fake ones for adoptive parents. The parents who raised me were very much my real parents to me.
1 Liked
 likes this.