Advertisements
Advertisements
What adoption language do you hate the most? Is there a phrase that just gets under your skin every time you hear it?
There are a lot of things that tick me off, but the absolute worst is when anyone says packing a child for adoption is "getting rid of it". I will freak out. Every. Time.
Advertisements
Oh, they do. I also hate it when people refer to my birth daughter as illegitimate, a mistake, etc. That's all kinds of not okay.
It also irritates me when people call me a surrogate (nothing wrong with surrogacy, just NOT who I am), a walking incubator, etc.
The things people say online, I tell ya.
It's amazing what people say when they're idiots. The phrase is "one mom" which is usually around Mother's Day.. Um, hello!! My kids have 2 moms. and the words "real" and "own". All parents are real. All kids are my own. I had to tell this to my sister. They are my own just not biologically. Society can be maddening.
It's amazing what people will say when they can't be held accountable.
Advertisements
I had never thought about that before...people referring to "your own" kids as opposed to the adopted ones. I always hated my birth parents being called my "real" ones. Like I had fake ones for adoptive parents. The parents who raised me were very much my real parents to me.
1 Liked
 likes this.