Advertisements
Advertisements
What do you think of calling a childs' birth relatives mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa? I can see both sides to it. It's potentially confusing for the child, and can cross over boundaries of which family is which. But on the other hand, biologically they do have that relationship.
What do you think of calling a childs' birth relatives mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa? I can see both sides to it. It's potentially confusing for the child, and can cross over boundaries of which family is which. But on the other hand, biologically they do have that relationship.
I don’t think it has to be so confusing. My father was adopted. I have always at least known the name of his biological parents. So if they had been in our lives (his bio aunt was and we just called her Aunt Freida) they would have just been Grandma and Grandpa Lovering. They would have simply been additional grandparents to his adoptive set, and my mom’s set. And having blended families of all kinds these days having Mom and Dad A and Mom and Dad B is not that unusual. So a small long as any boundaries and feelings are respected, it can work.
Advertisements