Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I'm considering entering into the process of domestic adoption and I have serious doubts regarding my VISA.
Am I allowed to go through the process of domestic adoption holding an E-2 VISA?
Thanks for your support!
Borja,
Citizenship is NOT a requirement of Domestic Infant Adoption. However, you need to research and make sure that your US Citizen Child will be granted either Dual Citizenship or at the very least, be able to travel to your home country, once you've left the US.
There might be certain requirements that you have to meet upon traveling home (for example, if your home country is a "Hague Country") -- it's best to research the information regarding what happens when you and your adopted child wish to go to your home of record. Your country's Consulate should be able to help you find some answers.
As for the US Domestic side -- your citizenship will not be an issue -- provided you will be in country long enough for the process to be complete (it could take a few years to match, wait for the waiting periods and finalize the adoption).
Good luck!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Many Thanks Brandy!!!! Totally appreciate your answer!
Borja,
Citizenship is NOT a requirement of Domestic Infant Adoption. However, you need to research and make sure that your US Citizen Child will be granted either Dual Citizenship or at the very least, be able to travel to your home country, once you've left the US.
There might be certain requirements that you have to meet upon traveling home (for example, if your home country is a "Hague Country") -- it's best to research the information regarding what happens when you and your adopted child wish to go to your home of record. Your country's Consulate should be able to help you find some answers.
As for the US Domestic side -- your citizenship will not be an issue -- provided you will be in country long enough for the process to be complete (it could take a few years to match, wait for the waiting periods and finalize the adoption).
Good luck!