Advertisements
Advertisements
I've been seeing an awfully lot of children profiles looking for someone to adopt them. They are breaking my heart. Specifically there is a five year old boy who has been in foster care since he was 2. How do the foster parents not adopt him? How do you say no?
I don't mean that in a mean way at all, I just wonder how you find the strength to deal with that. I would be the foster parent who adopted them all, which I don't think is a great thing. Thoughts?
Advertisements
I wonder the same thing. My 2 youngest have a bio brother who's been in a multitude of foster homes since he was a baby.
I wonder the same thing. My 2 youngest have a bio brother who's been in a multitude of foster homes since he was a baby.
Was there a reason he was not placed together with them? In some cases if there are difficulties where the child is a threat to the siblings or where he or she would make it harder to get the other ones adopted, they might do that but I thought the goal is to keep together when possible. Would there be any way you would be able to reunite them?
I think it would be hard to foster and not adopt the child if one has any length of time with them unless the child is violent or something like that. Having a child placed with me long term without adopting would be hard for me, and because I know how my heart is, I would love to provide a home to any child who needs one. So I think when we start fostering, I will initially ask for emergency and respite type placements to make certain I am both physically and emotionally prepared for this as Knowing we were an interim placement, we can give all the love and comfort, but go into it knowing there will be goodbyes, basically being the parents they need in that moment until they can be reunited with their birth parents or find a foster to adopt home.
My boys and a sister were placed first. BM tried to not have to relinquish the baby boy but in the end, she did.
My boys and a sister were placed first. BM tried to not have to relinquish the baby boy but in the end, she did.
Am so sorry to hear this. Is there any way you could bring to join the others, or is there not enough space based on the rules? I have heard of some getting waivers in such situations.
Advertisements