Advertisements
Advertisements
How much stock do you put in the idea that there truly is a physical/psychological connection between a biological mother and child after birth? I want to believe that's true, but I haven't been able to find any scientific evidence of that. I've found a lot on just moms ( like the experiment where kids could pick their mother out of a lineup just by smell) but nothing about birth mothers specifically. The bonds talked about after birth could just be a result of bonding, which birth moms don't get. What do you think?
Honestly I feel no bond with my birth mother. Our reunion was....horrible and not my choice. But I also don't really resemble her either. I didn't get that "genetic mirror" everyone talks about.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Like you, I want it to be true. What I do know is my birth mom and I have an amazing relationship simply in the months since I found her. We have so much in common and we look so alike it’s a little scary! lol! Even if some special bond doesn’t exist, I can say that our connection comes from our story. From our last hours together 30 years ago until life just seemed to being us back together last summer. I’m so thankful for the life we have left together!
1 Liked
 likes this.