Advertisements
Advertisements
I found my birth mother on this website and I have no regrets. I put my name on this website in 2005 more so as a result of some co-workers and I talking about adoption. We moved and one night out of the blue my husband said, "Hey did you ever update your info on that adoption site?" Well, I did update my info later that week and a match came up. The weird thing was that the info from that match was updated within 48 hours of mine.
We found each other in early 2007, I petitioned and was granted to have my adoption records opened and it validated what I knew. That she was in fact my birth mother. We emailed, then she drove out with her daughter (we lived one state away from each other) and met my husband and kids and I went there to meet her siblings. We continued to email and while she was not the most talkative lady and wasn't very good at emailing, we continued our relationship and she knew my love for her and I know the love she felt for me.
Growing up I was prompted by my mom throughout my teenage and adult years to find my birth mom and let her know I was in a good home, raised in a loving family, and that I turned out pretty okay. You can imagine the joy my mom took in knowing this occurred.
My mom passed away 3 weeks ago tomorrow and to make this story not sad but beautiful, my birth mom passed away the day after. I have so much gratitude for both beautiful moms in my life. I am sure my mom was there to welcome my birth mom with open arms to hug and thank her. My heart has been full over the last 3 weeks and I felt drawn to post this for others. Just so you know that not all adoption reunions are bad, go sour, or end with one or other family having relationships change for the worse. Some reunions are beautiful and heartfelt such as mine.
Thank you for this webiste; for your service and for making reunions possible. I am blessed to have 2 moms that loved me in this world and I look forward to seeing them again.
Last update on October 15, 10:16 pm by ohboyz.
Advertisements
This is so beautiful. I see so many miracles! That timing was not a coincidence. I'm sure both your moms have a lot to talk about! This really touched my heart, thank you so much for sharing. We hear so many negative experiences, it's nice to hear the bright side of adoption.
Last update on October 17, 5:37 pm by Annaleece Merrill.