Advertisements
Advertisements
Our LOs are currently free for adoption. We've had them since July 2015, goal change June 2016, filed TPR in July 2016, visits stopped in Sept, and due to BM bouncing around and being unable to serve, granted Feb 2017 on BM voluntarily & BF involuntary- He had refused a case plan since day 1, goodbye Feb 2017, no appeal in the window. We signed adoption agreements August 2017 (some trouble finding a lawyer in our area). The workers and GAL have filed paperwork, our lawyer has filed for a motion, just waiting on our adoption date! However, BM still has "domestic" hearings in the county the case was in with family court. Does anyone know if I should worry about those?
If her rights have been terminated, then no, I wouldn't think so.
The only issue might be that they haven't been recorded with the state (the general rule is that a TPR is recorded at the same time that the adoption is, because a child can't be 'parentless'). I wouldn't worry to much about it at this point though -- she's worked (or not worked) her reunification plan and the decision has been made to terminate. It'd take a WHOLE lot, at this point, to stop the train.
Advertisements