Advertisements
Advertisements
My SIL and BIL 3 children(4yo 2yo and 4mo) have been taken into foster care for the second time because of drug use. My husband and I want to take in the 4mo- he is separated from his older siblings. The children are in Indiana and we live in Illinois. I know nothing about all the state laws and what nots and would love and appreciate any advice as to what actions we can take. We don't know if the kids will go home next court date or if we should take action. I don't want to be denied custody because he's been with foster parents too long. What should we do!?!?
My SIL and BIL 3 children(4yo 2yo and 4mo) have been taken into foster care for the second time because of drug use. My husband and I want to take in the 4mo- he is separated from his older siblings. The children are in Indiana and we live in Illinois. I know nothing about all the state laws and what nots and would love and appreciate any advice as to what actions we can take. We don't know if the kids will go home next court date or if we should take action. I don't want to be denied custody because he's been with foster parents too long. What should we do!?!?
Hi Sarah ,
There are two types of adoption: plenary or simple. Plenary adoption replaces the parentage existing between the adoptee and his family of origin by a new link. Simple adoption makes it possible to adopt a person (even an adult) without breaking ties with his or her family of origin. Adoption is open to anyone over the age of 28 (married or unmarried, living alone or in a couple) and to spouses who have been married for more than 2 years or who are older than 28 years old.
Me and my husband, we tried to adopt but without great success. A friend recommended us a law firm that we have
consulted. They helped us understand the process and the different steps to follow. Thanks to them, we were able to adopt 2 children in 5 years
I leave you their email address: helpusadopt@europe.com
They also have a website on which you can read about them:
Good luck!!
Last update on December 1, 5:05 pm by bigot stephan.
Advertisements