Advertisements
Advertisements
So, I'm 33 now. I found & had one meeting with my birth mother 2 years ago... I could write a book, but basically she didn't want to stay in contact and didn't want to tell her other children about me. She got married years after she gave me up and the husband knows but she never told their kids. They are all adults now and I very badly want to contact them.
However when I had that one meeting with her I very impetuously told her I wouldn't "go behind her back" to tell them. I didn't fully realise at the time how important would be to me and I now bitterly regret it. I wrote her a email some months ago and told her so and asked her to tell them finally. I never received a response.
I don't want to break this promise even with how unconsidered and regrettable it was. I also truly believe they have a right to know and make this discision for themselves, even if their answers are all no. Does anyone have some advice??
Hi Juli,
Have you made a decision about this? How did it go?
I think that's a really hard situation. I was a secret from my half brothers (through my mom) also, but luckily she told them about me immediately after I found her. They all took the news really well and I have been getting to know them.
On my father's side, even my father did not know about me. So I am giving him time before I reach out to his kids but I know in my heart that eventually I will contact my siblings.
I think if it were me, I would try to have a conversation with their (your) mom. It's possible she never got your email.
I would love to connect and hear a little more about your journey.
Best wishes,
Marissa
marissa@findmyfam.com
Advertisements