Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I have four biological children (7, 5, 4, and 2) - three boys and one girl. We have always wanted to adopt, and feel like God might be calling us to start the process now, so we have signed up for the beginning classes (which is the first step in our State to start the adoption process). We would be most likely looking for a girl younger than our 5 1/2 year old daughter. She could range from being a day younger than our daughter or years younger. My daughter prides herself on being number two in age, but also really wants a sister.
Anyways, someone that we know brought up that he has known quite a few adoptive families in the past who had biological children first. He said some of them, the process worked out wonderful, while others the adoptive child had a very negative impact on the biological child(ren). Can anyone here share any of your experiences at all? I know my children are all absolutely eager to adopt a new siblings into the family. But I also don't want them to change to the negative in result. Thanks so much!