Advertisements
Advertisements
I am here to try and locate ANYONE in my biological family, as well as help others who may be doing the same thing. My adoption was private, therefore, records are sealed. I have gone as far as paying the fees for a search, through the GA. Adoption Reunion Registry, only yielding a confirmed contact with no response to connecting. I do have non identifying information about my biological mother, grand mother/father, and very little about my biological father.
About my biological mother:
She was 16 at the time of my birth.
She had brown hair, brown eyes, and an olive complexion.
She was 5' 5" tall and weighed 120 pounds.
She was of above average intelligence, and was liked by teachers, students, and principals.
She had a very good personality and enjoyed music.
She was Presbyterian.
She surrendered her rights on Nov. 1, 1978, and signed an affidavit to withhold info. regarding my biological father's identity.
Her father was 38 at the time of my birth.
He was 6' 3" tall, weighed 210 pounds, had black hair and brown eyes, with an olive complexion.
He completed one year of college.
He was an engineer.
Her mother was 36 at the time of my birth.
She was 5' 2", had brown hair and green eyes, with a fair complexion.
She had a high school education.
She was a hair dresser and enjoyed reading.
My biological mother had one brother and one sister.
Her brother was 8 years old at the time of my birth, brown hair and eyes, with olive complexion. He was 4' 6" tall and weighed 95 pounds, enjoyed cars, planes, and sports.
Her sister was 12 years old at the time of my birth. She had brown hair and eyes with an olive complexion. She was 4' 6" tall and weighed 52 pounds, and enjoyed music, dancing, reading, soccer, and girl scouts.
Both were in elementary school.
My biological father:
He was 17 years old at the time of my birth.
He had brown hair and eyes and an olive complexion.
He was 5' 10" tall and weighed 180 pounds.
He was a senior in high school and made a "B" average.
He enjoyed football and hockey.
No additional information was given, and no other information was on file.
Only my biological mother and her mother knows my biological father's name.
Advertisements
Hi Alan,
Have you had any DNA testing done? I was able to reunite with my birth mother and her entire family after I took a DNA test last year. My adoption was closed and my records are sealed also. I can't even access them now even though I have identified my families. The search process was time consuming but fascinating and it is one of the best things I have ever done. I am now in the process of getting to know some of my paternal family also. I've become very passionate about sharing my story and would be happy to chat with you. I am not a professional and not an investigator, just an adoptee wanting to share my story and connect other people with their families.
Marissa
marissa@findmyfam.com
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi Marissa. I have completed the 23&me DNA kit. My results yielded 2nd and 3rd cousins, which are shared from grandparents and great grand parents. Not sure which side of the biological tree that it’s on, considering my biological mother never told my biological father about the pregnancy. I’ve remained in contact with my cousins, but I’m unsure as to which side of the family tree they are on.
Hey Alan- there's a show that helps you look for your blood relatives. They pay for everything and they compensate you. I know it sounds too good to be true, but just look up RELATIVE RACE. It's exactly about what you're trying to do. If you're interested, I can help.
Sincerely,
Damon
I was able to figure out who my birth parents were based on 2-3rd cousin matches. My father also never knew I was born. That has been a bit of a challenge for me.
You have so much information, have you built mirror trees for your DNA matches? As far as I know 23 and Me doesn't allow you to attach your DNA to a tree, but with matches that close and the detailed description of your birth family you may very well be able to figure it out without that feature, you would only have to go back a few generations at most. I don't want to tell you how to do things you have already done but am happy to elaborate. Also, I will tell you that while yours might be accurate, the description I had of my birth father was completely false. I recommend looking for someone who fits the description of your birth mother.
Advertisements
Hi Alan,
Much like Marissa, I am just an adult adoptee (also Georgia, went through Reunion Registry with confirmed contact and zero communication) who has searched extensively and found my birth family. I would consider doing other DNA tests to include Ancestry and Family Tree DNA. I've done both plus 23 and Me, and I've found the other two to be more helpful. I'm happy to chat as well.
Anne
Hi Marissa. I have completed the 23&me DNA kit. My results yielded 2nd and 3rd cousins, which are shared from grandparents and great grand parents. Not sure which side of the biological tree that it’s on, considering my biological mother never told my biological father about the pregnancy. I’ve remained in contact with my cousins, but I’m unsure as to which side of the family tree they are on.
[/quote]
Hey Alan- there's a show that helps you look for your blood relatives. They pay for everything and they compensate you. I know it sounds too good to be true, but just look up RELATIVE RACE. It's exactly about what you're trying to do. If you're interested, I can help.
Sincerely,
Damon
: : For those wondering ... a quick online search shows this is a TV marketing tactic to promote and recruit their show not simply to help you locate your relatives regarding adoption. They aren't interested in helping you UNLESS you sign a contract with them to "compete" on this BYUTV reality TV show (brigham young university TV). : :