Advertisements
Advertisements
Um... hey. If you're out there, and you're the one who gave birth to me in Tucker, GA on November 13, 1985, had me c-sectioned and passed into LDS Social Services where I was placed with a family during February of 1986... thank you. Realistically, if anything my parents told me about your situation was true, I can see the case for abortion being pretty strong. You didn't do it though... you carried me all the way and put me with parents that didn't do half bad. I owe you everything, up to and including a much brighter outlook on life. So... if you want to talk to me, you're free to. I've been indecisive about seeking you out which is why I'm 32 and just now reaching out for the first time. I'm scared you'd rather forget about the whole thing. You've been a huge part of my life as far back as I can remember, and I don't even know your name. You have two grand-daughters as well, in case you wanted to know, and I'm in the process of adopting my step-son (I'm married now). If you don't want to talk to me (most likely because of some heavy negative memory associations with the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy or a new family or something, I don't know), then please just know that I love you. I always have. You're my hero.
Advertisements