Advertisements
Advertisements
My wife and I have started the adoption process and it seems like we are having the usual problems with fundraising and finding the money to support the adoption. We do not like asking people for money but would like any help that we can possibly get. We both suffer from different infertility issues and have tried to get pregnant naturally for over 2 years now. We feel like it is our calling to adopt and grow our family this way. We have started a fund raising site, PM for the link, but please help with any advice and tips you can. Thank you so much.
Last update on May 4, 1:18 pm by Miriam Gwilliam.
The best fundraisers are when those donating get something out of it, i say this because it is much easier to get behind something that doesn't feel like "asking for money" and when the person donating may not have extra money but they may have something they need!
My friends who are adopting had a great fundraiser recently. A friend of theres does some photography work (but doesn't work for a studio) she offered to do mini photo shoots for families which the cost would be a donation towards the adoption. we got our christmas photos taken :)
Another fundraiser she had was when a friend with artistic ability hosted a "wine and painting party" and all the cost to attend went to the adoption costs.
If you or your wife has a unique talent, maybe it's making great jelly or crafts, see if you can sell them. Promote your events, put up fliers, promote in your local papers, use social media to drum up excitement. Good luck :)
Advertisements