Advertisements
Advertisements
This keeps on bugging me. It's not my child, but he is our neighbor. The story goes like this... Of course, I'm not aware of his conditions. One morning when our door was open, he suddenly walked inside and keeps on visiting each bedroom and corners of our house. He's starting to murmur to somebody which we don't actually see. He seems that he has his own world. Is that something normal? I'm reluctant to ask his mother (our neighbor) about it.
Advertisements
This keeps on bugging me. It's not my child, but he is our neighbor. The story goes like this... Of course, I'm not aware of his conditions. One morning when our door was open, he suddenly walked inside and keeps on visiting each bedroom and corners of our house. He's starting to murmur to somebody which we don't actually see. He seems that he has his own world. Is that something normal? I'm reluctant to ask his mother (our neighbor) about it.
Sorry to say but It looks like the child is not normal and needs special attention.
Poor child. Not sure if it is autism or ADHD but it sounds like he has a mental disorder and this should be given a proper attention and treatment. I suggest that you talk to the parents in a nice way. Tell them that you are worried about his surprising behavior. I am sure they will understand that. Or before telling them, try to do a further research. You might be able to find a similar case considering the actions you noticed on him.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Poor child. Not sure if it is autism or ADHD but it sounds like he has a mental disorder and this should be given a proper attention and treatment. I suggest that you talk to the parents in a nice way. Tell them that you are worried about his surprising behavior. I am sure they will understand that. Or before telling them, try to do a further research. You might be able to find a similar case considering the actions you noticed on him.
[/quote]
I'm also thinking it that way. I'm also making a further research about her child's behavior. I'm already reading some information from a site: that might help before I finally talk to the parent.
Last update on July 18, 10:59 pm by Raguel Anding.
: : I would say imaginary friends in general are not necessarily an indication of a mental disorder or trauma. A professional would be able to identify the difference between normal child imaginative play and a child who, for example, is seeing or hearing things due to some form of psychosis. : :
Advertisements
: : I would say imaginary friends in general are not necessarily an indication of a mental disorder or trauma. A professional would be able to identify the difference between normal child imaginative play and a child who, for example, is seeing or hearing things due to some form of psychosis. : :
Yes, it could be just imaginary friends. But I think it is still better to have him checked by a professional. Just waiting for the proper timing to talk to the parents.
1 Liked
 likes this.