Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a married lesbian woman with a stable income and a nice home. We eventually want two children, so we are looking to adopt. We found a birth mother who is looking to place her African-American unborn baby boy up for adoption. I am 35 and Caucasian and my wife is 31 and Caucasian. Is it strange that we are looking to adopt an African-American child? I don't have a racial preference. He is due November 2018 and we plan to be there with the mother to give birth. We are going to keep her updated with letters and photos and will let him meet his birth mother when he is old enough and if he wants to. We might just keep an open relationship and let him have three mothers from the beginning. We are paying for her rent and food while she is pregnant. I guess we are just kind of worried about this whole thing and are maybe looking for some people who have adopted interracial and/or have open adoptions. My wife will be a stay at home mom and I work as a paramedic. We have all picked out the name Keon for him. All three of us like the name.
Advertisements
You'll be fine as long as you don't claim to be color blind. Those that don't see color dont' have to. Your son will. Congrats!
I found these simple guidelines here on this forum about "How to Adopt a Baby? "That will be worth reading.
Last update on July 18, 10:34 pm by Raguel Anding.