Advertisements
Advertisements
So we are just now getting started on terminating and adoption for my daughter. Her father meets 3 criteria on the termination of rights list. I am unsure if he would voluntarily sign over his rights or if he would decide to put up a fight. He has lost custody of his son that he had after my daughter, he is currently in prison for coming up on 3 years and his charges are incendcy with child, that child being his ex-wifes 8 year old daughter. Im lost on what forms, what steps, what order we need to do all of this in. my husband does have a felony on his record but has been out of prison for 10 years now, will this effect the adoption? we don't have the money to hire an attorney or lawyer to do all of this for us so im counting on someone to help up. Kenlie's dad is coming up for parole in October and id like to have most of this done before then so we don't have to risk him getting any sort of visitation and he possibly touching my daughter like he did his step daughter at the time.
So PLEASE help us out on all the ins and outs of termination and adoption by step parent in Harris county Texas! <3