Advertisements
Advertisements
We are at the end of our home study after applying a year ago. It was sent to the supervisor for approval and then they called me in to ask additional questions. When I was younger my dad and I got into an altercation and he said some pretty verbally and emotionally abusive things as well as chased me around the house. Because of this my parents finally divorced after years of a strained marriage. Understandably I had feelings like "if I wasn't around my siblings would still have a family" so my mom put me in a mental health hospital for 3 days saying I was "suicidal." While there they diagnosed me as bipolar and schizophrenic. I left and went to counseling as did all my siblings and they said I wasn't skitz but I was bipolar. Well, then I found out I had a hormone imbalance and went on birth control. this cured my bipolar so my therapist dismissed my sessions and I have gone on with life as I was 14 when this happened. So I didn't disclose bipolar or anything under medical and mental health because I don't have it. Well, my caseworker is mad about it and is insinuating I didn't disclose everything even though bipolar doesn't need to be disclosed if I don't have it?!?! Also to add to it my mom called CPS on my dad after the incident which I wasn't aware of so now it looks like I lied because I said my family had been involved with cps, but I didn't know until my caseworker told me. Anyway now she isn't returning my emails and I worried this just disqualifies us from fostering. Up to this everything has been slow but smooth we are a normal couple with a bio son who is 5, I'm a teacher, my husband is a factory worker, we own a relatively large house, and have pretty average finances. I feel completely defeated.
From what I understand, bipolar disorder can't be cured, only controlled. So you probably aren't bipolar. Your mother calling CPS should have no bearing on you.. Ask for a sitdown with your caseworker. If this doesn't change, you may want to consider going over her head to the supervisor or going to another agency.
Advertisements