Advertisements
Advertisements
We have had 3 and 6 yr old placed and CPS withheld a bunch of information including that the boy 6 has possible autism and for sure adhd/odd. He has major behavioral issues. Not at all what we were looking to take on or agreed to. Our agency if also very angry with CPS and has advised us to put in 30 day notice and we have done so. We are hoping they let us keep the half sister. They have not always been together and a lot of negative behavior between the two.
Cps admitted to have withheld the info. They said they didn’t think it was necessary because he started to behave better at the last placement.
Now I am not sure if I can take another placement. This has been so hard. I don’t know if we can go thru it again. If I were to do it again I would surely only foster but not sure if I can do it.
If you planned to foster, my question is why wouldn't you expect behavioral problems? Kids are taken from the only home they've known and put with strangers. Also, it's quite possible the caseworkers don't know if a child is autistic or not... Not tp put you down but what did you think would happen?
Advertisements
If you wanted to be helpful, perhaps asking for more information would be nice. First off, they were placed under the lowest level of care which is what we signed up for as I am home alone and my husband travels. The boy will now be moved up a to at least a level higher if not two since we have raised this red flag. Of course behavioral problems are anticipated, these were far Outside of that. Cps admitted to withholding the information stating they didn’t think it was necessary. They had a psych eval from before the children were placed stating he was on the autism spectrum, ODD and adhd and attachment disorder with anxiety.
I find your response very unfair and attacking. My agency is very upset with cps and the whole situation as they feel lied too as much as we do.
We are devestatrd by this whole situation and the impact it will have.