Advertisements
Advertisements
My friend and myself have both been trying to gather as much information as possible for almost the last year and we have come up with less information than you could find out from the person in front of you in the store line. All I literally know is that my mother had brown hair and wore glasses and that my father was a sailor. I have done the DNA, she did the RAW DNA with tons of spreadsheets and the closest we could come up with was 3-5 cousin. My friend finally called social services because they were the ones who had custody of me until I was months old and the lady on the phone was nice enough to give her some pointers which we did all of them other then hire the private detective. She called several private detectives and most would not even take the case because there was nothing to go on and no starting point because I was not adopted right at birth. Both of us have no clue where to even go from here. She will spend nights and weekends looking up stuff online and taking away from her own family to help me. If anyone from NY has been in a similar situation and found another way to gain information, please message me back. I am running out of ideas and hope that I will find my birth parents and and additional family. My adoption information is listed below as well:
DOB: 2/22/1971
City: Syracuse
Adoption(Agency): Onondaga County Social Services
Adoption Date: 8/9/1971
Hospital: Crouse Memorial
Hair: Blondish/Brown
Eyes: Blue
Again, anyone who has gone through this in New York, I would appreciate any feedback you could provide. I already have the non identifying information which had nothing on it but that my birth mother wore glasses and filled out another form for them again. They will be no help until the laws are changed. If there is something that I am missing or my friend is missing, please let me know before we finally just say enough and one year is what we agreed would be enough. Thanks again for any help 🙂
Advertisements
My name is Katherine Miser and I so research on family trees for people. I want to help if you wanted. But please use my email address sendingsmokesignals@outlook.com bc my devise doesn't show me my texting on this website. I would need a few other things but if your willing like I said I could prolly help.
My friend and myself have both been trying to gather as much information as possible for almost the last year and we have come up with less information than you could find out from the person in front of you in the store line. All I literally know is that my mother had brown hair and wore glasses and that my father was a sailor. I have done the DNA, she did the RAW DNA with tons of spreadsheets and the closest we could come up with was 3-5 cousin. My friend finally called social services because they were the ones who had custody of me until I was months old and the lady on the phone was nice enough to give her some pointers which we did all of them other then hire the private detective. She called several private detectives and most would not even take the case because there was nothing to go on and no starting point because I was not adopted right at birth. Both of us have no clue where to even go from here. She will spend nights and weekends looking up stuff online and taking away from her own family to help me. If anyone from NY has been in a similar situation and found another way to gain information, please message me back. I am running out of ideas and hope that I will find my birth parents and and additional family. My adoption information is listed below as well:
DOB: 2/22/1971
City: Syracuse
Adoption(Agency): Onondaga County Social Services
Adoption Date: 8/9/1971
Hospital: Crouse Memorial
Hair: Blondish/Brown
Eyes: Blue
Again, anyone who has gone through this in New York, I would appreciate any feedback you could provide. I already have the non identifying information which had nothing on it but that my birth mother wore glasses and filled out another form for them again. They will be no help until the laws are changed. If there is something that I am missing or my friend is missing, please let me know before we finally just say enough and one year is what we agreed would be enough. Thanks again for any help ߙ
[/quote]