Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey sorry a little late! Not sure if you ever got an answer, but I will do my best!
So first off, kinship means family of the biological parents, of the child. So this child's biological mom and dad's-- parents, siblings, aunts uncles, grandparents, any family members, would be considered kin. Family of a foster parent is not considered kin.
Also, it is probably very unlikely that they would allow you to adopt this child if you are out of state, have no relation to the child, and have no relationship with the child. But if the child is 100% up for adoption, they have looked for the bio's family members, friends of the bio family, the foster family, and have found no one to adopt them, then it would not hurt to ask if there is any possible way. But again it would likely be very difficult IF it is even possible. My mom was trying to do kinship her grandson (my nephew) and she was out of state, and it was going to take at least 9 months for her to possibly be able to take him in, and she was related to the child. So you not being related to the child, would make it a lot more difficult if not impossible.
But then I know there are kids who are always needing to be adopted, so if you are 100% about adopting this child, and no one else is willing, I do not know why they would say no to a potential permanent home.
But again i have never been in this position, so it is always best to ask for yourself so you know, and what steps you may need to take to pursue it.