Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I’m new here. My wife and I adopted our son nearly 4 years ago, and boy has it been a ride. We have him and a baby in heaven.
We have an open adoption and so far, it has gone well. Our son doesn’t really understand the in’s and out’s of what it all really means, but he does see his birth family. We don’t get to see the birth mom often anymore, but we do get to see the bio grandpa and bio aunt. They are such great people, and they love our son as much as we do. It really has been amazing.
Earlier this year, we actually got pregnant on a hail marry fertility cycle; however, we lost our baby in the second trimester. Yes, that means stillbirth, funeral, etc. It was a pretty big blow, and we’re still at a loss on our next steps. The experience put a lot into perspective regarding the birth families of these kids. I’ve seen a lot of posts about them being demanding and stepping over boundaries. I can tell you that I have a pretty good idea of how it feels to lose a child, and it is gut wrenching. It is so so hard. Please keep that in perspective when managing your relationships with birth families. They just want to know that the baby is ok. Things tend to simmer down with time. Have some patience and know that they love these kids as much as we do.
I look forward to being a part of this community