Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Everyone gets disillusioned with the process. You're human. I cannot tell you how many times I've watched children go home to parents they barely know, and who barely know them, after I literally nursed them back to health. You spend all your time ensuring the safety and security of these little people, loving them like your own, just to hand them over to the very people who put them in danger in the first place. It SUCKS...but you know what? That's kind of the job description.
That doesn't make it any easier. There are days when I want to scream at a caseworker, or a bio parent who has NO CLUE what is involved in parenting a child with all your heart. As the first poster said, you really have to be a certain type of person to withstand the ups and downs of fostering. And it certainly isn't for everyone. I console myself (and sometimes I need a lot of consoling) with the knowledge that I gave them a good start. I gave them a solid base to build from and I sent them home with a little piece of my heart that will always love them. And sometimes, that's all you can do.
1 Liked
 likes this.