Advertisements
Advertisements
I found out I'm pregnant a little bit before Christmas. At first I felt completely set on adoption, but now I feel confused after talking to multiple people about my situation. I don't have any money saved, I'm 21 and crashing on my friend's couch and I have a part-time job in a Kroger deli. Some people are telling me it's doable so I'm starting to feel like it would be wrong to give my baby up for adoption if I could make it work, but I don't really know. I don't want my own feelings get in the way of doing what is best for the child. I've already talked with someone about adopting my baby and I was really sure about doing it so now I feel a pressure to not back out even though now I'm not so sure. I feel guilty for getting her hopes up. But at the same time I don't even know what's right anymore.. She's a woman a lot older than me and already financially stable, and she's everything I want in a parent so far and she's willing to do open adoption. I feel extremely depressed about having to give the baby away but I don't want my feelings to blind me from doing what's best for the child, I don't care about what is best for me I want what is best for the baby. The dad wants nothing to do with me or the kid and I can't rely on my family to help me right now. My sister is trying to tell me that I can, and that's what's really started my doubt about my original decision. But she is about to go on a trip for a whole 6 months very soon (I'm around 4-5 months pregnant) and I would only really trust her and her husband to help me with the baby and to watch the baby, there's no one else in my family I can trust. My parents were abusive, my dad molested me and my sister isn't a baby person and my brother has a kid of his own and another one on the way and I would never let his wife watch my baby and they are like a package deal since they live together. This woman seems really loving and meets a lot of my requirements, but if I can find a way to make this work, should I? I want it to be able to work so badly but logically the right thing to do seems to be adoption. If my parents were willing to pay me a lot of money, maybe I could do this but I'm doubting that they would be able to support this baby and then they wouldn't even be allowed to watch it and my dad would never be allowed to meet the baby... I feel so lost and a lot of pressure to do adoption since I already told everyone it's what I was doing and one of my best friends and her girlfriend think it would be a bad idea to keep the baby and unfair which was also my original instinct, but my other close friend has a kid and told me it's hard but doable, but I think she had help from her family and also the father was more involved, he isn't anymore though