Advertisements
Advertisements
So I did reach out through 23andme. Said I was a close relative, and it opened up the door. She wanted to know how close, so I eventually let her know (by opening up the connection in (23andme) that I was birth father. We started very strong with background info etc. I honestly was not sure about birth mother, was she open to meeting, was it open adaption, etc. So I took it slow, without giving up too much information. All contact via e-mail. Mostly just the back ground I knew from college. She shared some things with me about adaption, and always knew she was adopted. The birth mother stayed in touch a little, but I am not sure exactly how much really. Birth daughter said she did not know anything about me, and I told her, I did not know I had a birth daughter, until I got the surprise on 23andme. She told me of course she always wondered about this mysterious person. After about a week of pretty deep e-mails....it just stopped from her. I am not sure why. I have this bad feeling she contacted birth moth, and maybe said something. Or maybe some one else told her to stop. I am just not sure why. I am college educated, live a normal life. nothing bad I can think of, so not sure what would push her away. I gave her my cell number, etc, if she ever wanted to reach out. but she has not since some initial e-mails. I tried e-mailing a few times to ask her to please give me a why of the stop in contact, but nothing. I of course what more, but do not want to push, or push her away. Maybe she just needs time? Maybe I should reach out to birth mother? I am not sure if birth mother wants contact form birth daughter, or me for that matter. these things are not easy. I have not told anyone. So now I have this "secret" part of me, that no one but me really knows about....Yes this is hard in so many ways....I just want to be a good birth father, on my birth daughters terms, what ever those may be. But, the sudden silence is so confusing.