Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! My husband and I adopted our 6 year old daughter at birth. At the hospital, her birth parents informed us that she has a half sister (who was adopted by a grandparent...and is significantly older), as well as a full-sister who was also adopted at birth by a family in Michigan. We would like to attempt to locate her full-sister’s adoptive family, as I am sure they have no clue of our daughter’s existence, and they are only 2 years apart! I reached out to the birth-mother as a “third party”, and asked if she had any information about the other adoptive family she would be willing to provide, and let’s just say her response was less than obliging. I’m hesitant to make a connection with the older half sister at this time (who I actually have found on Facebook), as the ties to the birth family are a little too close for comfort at this point...and there are obvious continual legal/drug issues within the entire family. That being said, all we know of the full-sister is the FL hospital she was born in, her first name, and last name she had at the hospital (although if her case is the same as our daughters’, a birth certificate was never issued under that name), a general time period in which she would have been born, and that her adoptive family was in the Detroit area. Any advice on steps we might be able to take in our search would be greatly appreciated! TIA