Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm a 30 something single professional who really wants to adopt (I've wanted to adopt for years). I'm looking to adopt an infant or baby domestically and I don't care about race or gender (I'm a Black American)
I'm writing to ask - how long does the entire process take? How much $ should I have saved as I begin this process? Thank you!!
Advertisements
Hi,
In both domestic and international adoptions, average wait times can range from a few months to over years. A lot goes into adoption, and there are often very stringent requirements set in place by the government, as well as adoption agencies and professionals, in different states and countries.
Your adoption wait time could be lower or higher depending upon where you adopt from, and the type of adoption you opt for can play a part in the wait time as well. For example, if you decide to adopt from outside of the country, you will have to follow not only your home country’s adoption rules but also the rules of adoption in your child’s home country. With the combination of requirements, rules, and stipulations, waiting for your child can become a long process.
Adoption can get pricey, and though there are grants and loans available for adoptive families, sometimes the budget just isn’t what it needs to be. Your budget can get a major say in when you adopt, who you adopt, and how you adopt, so it’s important to be as financially prepared as possible. This means being open to taking out loans and applying for grants, as well as other financial resources and avenues.
Last update on August 31, 1:57 pm by Amelia davis.