Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! My name is Brett Furst and I am an adoptee. I am also a therapist who specializes in treating adoptees, specifically those that struggle with substance abuse.
I am currently seeking individuals to participate in a study exploring the role of the attachment to biological parents in severity of substance use. I am looking for participants who are both adopted and have struggled/are struggling with substance abuse issues. You do not need to have met and/or have a relationship with your biological parent(s) to participate. This study is part of my Doctoral Dissertation which is a requirement for my Doctor of Psychology degree, Couple and Family Therapy at Alliant International University. The process consists of completing two questionnaires, which should take no more than a total of 25 minutes total. Please note that participation in the study is voluntary, and that there is no compensation for participation. If you choose to be a participant in the study, your identity and data will be completely anonymous. Through your participation in this study, you will be contributing to important research that can help in the treatment of people who have been adopted and also have experienced substance abuse difficulties. Please contact me by email or direct message (at the contact information listed below) for further information if you are interested in participating. If you have no questions and would like to participate right away, here is the link to the survey:
Thank you for your consideration,
Brett Furst, M.A., LMFT #108254
Contact Information:
Brett Furst Email: Bfurst@alliant.edu: