Advertisements
Advertisements
I was adopted 27 years ago from the Little Child of God Orphanage in Cha Grande, Pernambuco Brazil.
I am looking for my birth mother, her maiden name is Lenice Palmira DeJesus.
I don't know how old she is or was when she gave me up for adoption.
My birth name was Lisa and I was born March, 21 1992.
If anyone has any information please help!
Here are some suggestions to get you started. You have some good information to go on.
Write everything down you know and any story's. Keep track of people you contact after looking for a long time you will end up going in circles. It took me 12 years to find my daughter in law's mother in Japan, I am sure I annoyed a lot of people recontacting them.
Use Facebook to search. I don't use it and never found anyone on it. However there are some search groups on there that might help. You could get lucky and find her or a sibling in case they are looking for you.
Look for any local message boards for the town where you were born.
Try to contact the orphanage for help.
DNA test with Ancestry and 23andme, might get lucky and find a close cousin to help out.
You can also post on GSadoptionregistry.com
See if you can find a phone book, search for your mothers town and look for the same last name. You might need a translator to call and see if they are related.
Likely your mom lives somewhere near the orphanage, I mean general area like same city.
Contact churches they would likely help. Use Google maps to look around.
Think like a detective and try to find someone there who will help out, speaks the language and knows about customs and how people think.
And...if anyone asks for money run....
Advertisements
Cha Grand is a very small town out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a few thousand people.
Which is a good thing. Likely anyone you contact there would know something.
I see 10 churches in the town. The orphanage you listed does not come up for anywhere for a 100 miles. So its either closed or maybe changed names. My guess is it might be associated with a church.
I am guessing you have immigration paperwork showing you came from that orphanage in that town? If that's the case this should be fairly easy to find your family. Unless they packed up and moved away. Always try and find old people for help, they know a lot of people and places.
Once you start searching, don't send one message and wait for an answer. Send many messages to as many people as possible. I wasted a lot of time waiting for people to answer and they never did.
I wonder if these churches could be on Facebook?
Do get overwhelmed with the search. Just get organized and chip away at it every day. Never discount anything until you know for sure. Follow all leads to the end.
Wiki says Cha Grande has a population of almost 18,000, Still that's pretty small.
I looked at google maps and some of the churches list phone numbers, addresses and Facebook pages. You can also use street view and navigate some of the main streets to look around.
I would suggest contacting the churches and see what you can find out. Ask if they know of the orphange, did its name change etc. I would still DNA test.
Good luck with your search.
Please post any updates.
Alan