Advertisements
Advertisements
My daughter was given into adoption against my will 13 years ago by her mother who was an addict and working with an adoption agency and Utah. It was a closed adoption but the adoptive parents gave me the same deal they gave her which was to send pictures and updates. The whole time I sent birthday cards and money, updates on what I was doing with my life, and begging them to let me be part of her life as I never wanted to give her up. In fact they had to do the adoption Utah because I registered with the father's adoption registry in Minnesota. After years of begging and pleading and finally writing them a very pointed letter explaining how bad of a thing that they did and asking them what they thought my daughter was going to think when I told her, they finally decided that they would open the adoption. That was about two and a half years ago, and mutual agreement we knew that it had to be driven by her at this point. Well she has wrote me a letter and asked me if I would ever want to meet her. As you can imagine I broke down in tears bawling like a baby and I wrote her back saying of course I would. Long story short tomorrow I have my first live conversation with her on the phone. I'm scared and I'm elated at the same time. I want to make sure that I do this right, and I don't even really know what to say. I know I'm going to start bawling, I'm a very emotional person. I have so much love for her. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.