Advertisements
Advertisements
i've got a headache because my kids are always addicted to playing their cell phones, and thus neglect their homework and study. they even stay up late into night. i've heard that a cell phone signal blocker may be helpful to pull the kids back to study or sleep on time. is this really the case ?
will such a jamming device cater for my demand or not ??
Last update on April 12, 8:17 am by megera39.
Advertisements
This was two months ago but I see there are no responses so perhaps you're still looking for input.
Briefly, NO, it won't be helpful.
First, if you're in the US, be aware that signal jamming devices are illegal. This doesn't mean no one will sell them to you. Make sure you're not running afoul of any laws where you may live =)
Secondly, and more to the point, isolating kids from temptation will not teach the discipline they need. Explain the problem, set boundaries, and lead by example. Perhaps set aside a block of time every afternoon for studying with no cell phone use allowed. Do not allow cell phones in bed. Have the kids help decide what the consequence will be if they break the rules.
It's key that you talk to your kids openly about why excessive time spent online is damaging to their studies, their health, and your family as a whole, and that you be mindful of your own behavior as you model "adulting" for them! Best of luck!!