Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Write a letter to the head person in charge. It's possible guardianship was granted to give the kids some stability while everything was happening.
Was this ever resolved? I am asking, because I am in the same situation. But in my case it is two blood nephews and their half-brother. Their dad passed away last June and they were thrown into foster care / their daycare. My sister-n-law at the time did not have custody and insisted that her brother and myself take custody if she was not able to get her boys. It has been 10 months of fighting the system, no matter what we do. They have known from day 1 we wanted to take in all three boys to give them a stable and loving home, but it has been a nightmare. All we get is that they have bonded. We have not been able to do anything till our ICPC packet was completed, which DCFS held onto for four months before sending it to our state for completion and right as we were about to do our home-study which was the final part (We have been approved) they had an emergency court hearing and awarded the foster moms daughter guardianship of all three.
I am fighting such a corrupt system. You would think if there is family that is wanting them why not let them.