Advertisements
Advertisements
Id like to move forward and adopt the 2 children I call mine, but not legally. I have been in their life for almost 7 years and married to their mother for the past 3.5 years. Their father passed away 5 years ago this month.
Is the process difficult to adopt a step-child in a situation like this? There is no one to contest the adoption and we have records of their fathers passing including a copy of the death certificate.
Is hiring an attorney absolutely needed or can I go through an online service and or get the forms and submit them to the courts ourselves? This adoption would take place in the state of South Carolina.
Thanks!
Id like to move forward and adopt the 2 children I call mine, but not legally. I have been in their life for almost 7 years and married to their mother for the past 3.5 years. Their father passed away 5 years ago this month.
Is the process difficult to adopt a step-child in a situation like this? There is no one to contest the adoption and we have records of their fathers passing including a copy of the death certificate.
Is hiring an attorney absolutely needed or can I go through an online service and or get the forms and submit them to the courts ourselves? This adoption would take place in the state of South Carolina.
Thanks!
I am also looking for some suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Oliver
Last update on September 17, 1:12 pm by Oliver Pierce.
Advertisements