Advertisements
Advertisements
I have started the Newman-Goldfarb accelerated protocol to induce lactation. I have been on Yasmin for about 35 days and domperidone for only 19 days (had to wait for it to come in the mail). For about the last week I have already begun to produce milk without pumping, enough for several large drops to actually drip from each side. Is this normal? I thought the birth control was supposed to suppress any milk production. I've been hand expressing just a couple times a day, should I continue to do that? And last question... would these early drops be considered colostrum and should I be collecting it??
I want to give myself the best chance to produce a full supply as possible, so I was planning to continue taking the bcp and domperidone together for at least another week or so before really starting to pump. But this milk leaking already is confusing me!
Hi,
if you're not nursing or pumping, your supply will decline in less than seven days. Because breast milk is produced by your body on a supply and demand type schedule.
Last update on September 5, 1:17 pm by Amelia davis.
Advertisements