Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello everyone,,
I'm totally new to reddit and quite honestly have no idea what the lingo is on here (makes me feel like a grandma) but a friend of mine suggested I pose this question here. My husband and I are going to be adopting a baby and we have absolutely no problems with any race (we're white but would love any child of any race). When we first started the adoption process we put down on our application that we were open to any race, however we have recently been wondering what it would be like for the child later on in life. We are completely comfortable with it, but is it honestly the best for the child? Realistically we have to ask these questions because we unfortunately live in a world where racism is alive and well (especially in south Louisiana which is where we live.) We would hate to do something that could potentially make our child feel like they don't belong or can't relate to us in major ways.
We hadn't even thought about this until a few people we know asked questions and sort of raised eyebrows when we mentioned we were open to adopting any race.
Thanks in advance for your opinions! Hopefully we can get some first-hand experiences posted as well!
Last update on July 4, 9:52 am by Gabrial Khan.
Advertisements