Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I’m new here. I was adopted at the age of 5 and now I’m 31. I met my birth mother at about 22. Lately she has been reaching out to me for money almost weekly now. It’s hard for me to say no because I feel like I owe her for giving me life. But now my wife is expecting and I just can’t do it. She gets mad when I don’t. Just looking for some advice on what I should do?
Hello! I’m new here. I was adopted at the age of 5 and now I’m 31. I met my birth mother at about 22. Lately she has been reaching out to me for money almost weekly now. It’s hard for me to say no because I feel like I owe her for giving me life. But now my wife is expecting and I just can’t do it. She gets mad when I don’t. Just looking for some advice on what I should do?
Getting your bio mother mad at you risks a rejection, so it is understandable that you are reluctant to upset her by not giving her money when she requests it, but if your relationship is purely a matter of her using guilt and manipulation for her personal gain at your expense (in essence using you) you may need to determine whether there is a true relationship there and whether this is the type of person you want in your child's life. It is not easy decision to make, but something only you know for yourself whether it is in your best interest and that of your family.
Advertisements