Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! My husband and I are preparing for our home study and we live in a 100 year old house. We have done several improvements over the last few years but we still have some concerns with the home study. Our deck boards need replaced- most likely we could just re-nail them down and they would be fine but we would like to replace the whole thing eventually- not sure if this is something we could be in the process of during the home study or let our SW know of our plan. Since we consolidated all of our credit cards, we can' rely on them for repairs so we are super selective about what we choose to do around the house. Also, all of our downstairs windows are the originals and painted shut except one newer one that opens. We have a brand new back and front door. Does anyone know if that would pose an issue? All windows upstairs are newer and open fine. We also know that the baby's room will need screened in windows- currently we do not have screens but wondered if the screens you pop in when you need to have the window open would work vs. permanent screens. I understand some of these answers probably depend on the state you live in. We are in Ohio if that helps!
Anyone's advice or experience with older homes in a home study would be much appreciated!