Advertisements
Advertisements
We have turned in our application, and gotten our fingerprints taken in order to begin the process for becoming foster parents. The agency we are using told us the next step is a social worker will contact us, and they will be our worker throughout the whole process, and they will set up our first home visit. I'm slightly terrified to have a stranger coming into my house and essentially judge us. I'm not too worried about much, however, I do have a 1 year old pitbull/lab mix that is very high energy still, and smaller older pug mix that loves to bark at everything. They are both amazing with children though. I have no issues locking the puppy away in her crate to keep her from jumping up on the social worker because she wont bark. However, the pug will bark in her crate and whine. We have no children of our own, but I have 5 nieces/nephews, and there have never been any issues. I'm worried that the barking in the crate, or them being in the crate will be a concern to the social worker, but I feel explaining it could fix the issue. I also have two indoor cats, who haven't been vaccinated because the vet didn't see it to be needed because they were staying inside the house and never leave it. Do you think that will be an issue?
Pets are not generally an issue to the home finder. The vaccinations may be. I'm not sure about cats but I know for dogs in our state youist provide proof of rabies and parvo shots.
Advertisements