Advertisements
Advertisements
We are 26 and 32. We’ve been married 5 years. I immediately thought of adopting when we first suspected we might have fertility issues but my wife wanted to try IVF. After four failed IVF attempts it is looking more like adopting is going to be our reality. I suggested we start the adoption paper work after our third failed attempt and almost have it done. We are trying IVF a fifth and final time. IVF is sooo expensive, I have a rock in the pit of my stomach over how much we spent. I know we are going to have a hard time agreeing on who we are going to adopt. My wife would like to adopt an infant, I would like to adopt older, maybe a sibling group. My thought is if we adopt a 12 year old, my wife would have been 14 when they were born. It’s not unheard of but, I’m curious what other people think about pursuing that. Also with no parenting experience what about taking on two or three older children? Finally what about pursuing adopting older children and then pursuing an infant down the road? I am one to just jump in and do it, my wife has a lot of questions and wants all the answers before we do anything.
Hi. I am Maria and I am looking for an adoptive parents for my upcoming baby. I am 5months pregnant going 6months. Maybe you are interested and I am very willing to give you the baby after i gave birth.
Advertisements
Are you looking to adopt from foster care? I believe most older kids that are adoptable have been in foster care. They'll have issues. You need to be sure you and your wife can deal with these. You may want to look into respite to get your toes wet. Good luck!
Hello, I know this is a very difficult issue, but I just want to share in case this can help. We are infertile too and we decided to have egg donation. I wonder if you and your wife have thought about it when she was doing IVF? I got ED because I felt it would be nice to try carrying the baby and to feel how it is to be pregnant. Maybe this will make the bond between me and the baby closer. I am pregnant now and we hope this will be all fine until we finally have our baby. Whatever you decide, I am here ready to chat. This is helpful for me too.
Hello, I know this is a very difficult issue, but I just want to share in case this can help. We are infertile too and we decided to have egg donation. I wonder if you and your wife have thought about it when she was doing IVF? I got ED because I felt it would be nice to try carrying the baby and to feel how it is to be pregnant. Maybe this will make the bond between me and the baby closer. I am pregnant now and we hope this will be all fine until we finally have our baby. Whatever you decide, I am here ready to chat. This is helpful for me too.
After our second failed attempt we went down the road of egg and sperm donation and have fail with that twice. We have two remaining embryos and will try two more times instead of transferring both at the same time. So we are trying two more times instead of a fifth and final time.
After our second failed attempt we went down the road of egg and sperm donation and have fail with that twice. We have two remaining embryos and will try two more times instead of transferring both at the same time. So we are trying two more times instead of a fifth and final time.
Oh I am sorry to hear that Zachary, now I see how you must feel. I understand why your wife wants IVF, as mothers we want to have that experience of having the baby from our womb. But things must be very difficult for her too. I will pray for you both that you will have your baby after these next attempts. May I know where you are having your treatment? We went to have ours overseas. I am in UK and it is very expensive here, not to mention the many difficulties with egg donation. We even had gender selection. But it was cheaper for us. Actually , there is the option of surrogacy too if you have two embryos. But I hope everything works out for you both. But I think, it is always a sure thing that you will have a child to care for at the end of this journey, no matter how the:blush: process goes. As they say in the other forums, a lot of baby dust to you both!
Advertisements