Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello All!
My cousin is in foster care and my husband and I have completed the ICPC process and were approved. The child's paternal grandparents were also approved as a home, but have some issues as far as being too close to the parents and age. There was a temporary placement hearing 2 months ago where the judge was asked to make a decision between 1)us (state recommended placement with us) 2) stay in current non relative care or 3) the grandparents. Bio parents currently have a hearing for TPR in 2 weeks.
The judge took the temporary placement under advisement and never issued a ruling he is also expected to take the TPR under advisement from what at the childs attorney told me. We have been traveling to the other state frequently for visits and have spent a FORTUNE on flights, hotels, etc. How long does it typically take for a judge to rule on this? I love the baby and want her, but don't have the means to continue visiting as often as I would like. She has been in her current placement for almost year while this has all been in the process. She really needs permanency and it is getting quite frustrating. I just want to bring the baby home and allow her to bond to us as she has already been in foster care too long!
Hang in there. I know how you feel and I just want to send encouragement. I hope you keep fighting for your family. Document everything. Also, there will more than likely be some sort of Adoption Applicant Review Committee (AARC) depending on what state you are in. Feel free to PM me.
Advertisements