Advertisements
Advertisements
Hoping for some ideas of what to expect -
Our home study has not been signed off on yet because of my depression diagnosis. They have not said they are denying the home study, but have had me request an AARC appearance.
We have received a date for our AARC meeting, but have no idea what to expect and cannot find much information. The agency isn't being very forthcoming at this point, giving short one word replies to questions. Maybe if I knew more about this process, I'd have more direct questions to ask.
It was never requested that I submit documentation from my medical providers, though I have gathered records and letters attesting to my compliance with treatment and overall stability. What else should we prepare with?
Has anyone been through this process that can share what we can expect? Or even who we maybe sitting across the table from? Or some reference resources that I can look at (haven't found much in my internet searches)?
Thank you in advance.
Last update on August 9, 11:36 am by Gali Puppy.
I haven't had this situation, but having been through many situations in foster care as a foster parent, I have some suggestions:
- I think they won't tell you anything about this meeting because they want to see you sweat! So don't sweat, at least not in front of them.
- I think they're going to try and weed you out. Kudos for being up front, and in the real world, that would be a huge benefit. In the Child Welfare community, perfect is the only standard, and you're honorable act of telling the truth won't be seen in that light, only that you've "got something."
- I think you need to prepare, prepare, prepare, and one thing is to know your rights, and use them to make this situation fit the model of what you see as reasonable.
- it's important to practice confidence, even under fire, because you might need to fake it, if you have too, to look confident in this meeting
If you've had the meeting, I hope it went well!!!
Hoping for some ideas of what to expect -
Our home study has not been signed off on yet because of my depression diagnosis. They have not said they are denying the home study, but have had me request an AARC appearance.
We have received a date for our AARC meeting, but have no idea what to expect and cannot find much information. The agency isn't being very forthcoming at this point, giving short one word replies to questions. Maybe if I knew more about this process, I'd have more direct questions to ask.
It was never requested that I submit documentation from my medical providers, though I have gathered records and letters attesting to my compliance with treatment and overall stability. What else should we prepare with?
Has anyone been through this process that can share what we can expect? Or even who we maybe sitting across the table from? Or some reference resources that I can look at (haven't found much in my internet searches)?
Thank you in advance.
Advertisements