Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I'll make this long story as short as I can... my childs BF hasn't seen her since she was about 3 years old. He was court ordered to pay child support...never did. The only time I ever got a phone call from him was when he found out I started dating again just to have him yell at me and tell me to not bring anyone around HIS daughter. Comical... I know. Anyways I got married about 4 years ago and life is great. My husband wants to adopt my daughter and be responsible for her in the event of God forbid something happens to me. Come to find out BF is living in an other state...for almost 2 years..after yet again an other failed rehab attempt. Oh I forgot to mention.. he is a drug addict/dealer. My lawyer got a hold of him to have him served and he is refusing to sign over rights... he states that him not being in our daughter's life is 100% my fault and he wont consent.
My lawyer doesnt seemed worried... but I sure can use some input on my situation. Oh I also live in FL... anyone have any words of encouragement? How does one prove abandonment? My daughter is 12, she wants nothing to do with him... will the judge take her feelings into account?
I have a good feeling about all of this..but would feel better of anyone else has gone through this and can share some insight...
Wow this is some nasty stuff. Hope you get by everything positively.
Regards,
Oliver
Last update on September 17, 12:57 pm by Oliver Pierce.