Advertisements
Advertisements
We are set to have our first TPR hearing for our FD's bio parents on Wed. Dad is fighting it, even though he basically hasn't done anything on his plan. It is a jury trial and I was subpoenaed to testify. I am really nervous because I don't know what to expect, and I don't do well when I feel unprepared. For those of you that have gone to a TPR hearing, can you please tell me what to expect? What will they ask me?
Every tpr is different of course but try not to be nervous. I was nervous for my first time testing too but it was very straight forward. Try to answer with clear "yes" or "no" answers if you can. Don't overly complicate any answers. In our case, they asked things such as: how long have we had the child, has the father ever seen the child, asked about the child, given or attempted to provide any food, clothing, shelter, or medical care. In our case the child was abandoned at the hospital and has no legal name so they also asked what name we use and why.
Just be honest and let the system work for the child. If he isn't putting effort into his reunion plan the court will see that. But be patient, they do give them more time and chances than they deserve mosttim the time.
Hang in there & good luck & God bless.
Advertisements