Advertisements
Advertisements
I was adopted at birth by a GREAT family and an only child. Now 62 years old I began doing some DNA testing have have found out much about my blood family. I have reached out to a cousin through Ancestry and she has spoken with my birth mother who was reluctant to admit that she had a son put up for adoption. We did exchange some photos and that has been about six months ago with no additional contact other than me e-mailing some pictures of my now family which my birth mother commented favorably but nothing further since then. A coup[le months ago I reached out to my cousin (we are Facebook friends and communicated through Messenger and told her that I would like to reach out to some of my siblings. She said that right now she wasn't sure that they were aware of me and that she would speak with my mother. Haven't heard back and I would like to reach out to one or more of my siblings. I don't know the circumstances but there is some secrecy from my mother surrounding my birth mother. What is the best and proper way to reach out to my siblings?