Advertisements
Advertisements
Recently my eldest child(14)'s best friend(15) ran away from their emotionally and verbally abusive home, and was dragged back by her father. She and my daughter have recently been making plans as to have her move in with us, but i have concerns with how this will legally effect my current situation with my children(i have 3 daughters)'s father/my ex husband.
Currently hes supposed to be paying child support, but we haven't recieved any, even though every month its being marked as paid, and soon he will be able to request visitation rights, but my eldest has a restraining order against him due to him being abusive towards her. We dont know how this is going to play out, and my daughters friend is fully aware of this, (shes been through multiple abusive and neglectful relationships and can have "adult" conversations) but we need more information on this BEFORE I can say that for certian I'll be able to foster her. She has to leave that house soon, because its wearing her down to the point where it reflects in her daily life.
Will the fostering payments be considered income? Will it effect him being required to pay child support in the future? What will be the negative results if we do end up taking her in?
It's not considered income, it's for the child. However, how is child support being marked paid when it's not?
Advertisements
hello,
Hi everyone, I’m a 25F and I have always wanted to foster children because I strongly believe blood doesn’t mean love or family. I’m in a position where I am financially able to foster and have two bedrooms in my home as well. Does anyone know how difficult the process of fostering would be for me?
thanks and regards
Last update on December 14, 10:01 am by naman johnson.